Saturday, July 18, 2009

Little Bergen, Shimokitazawa



We spent the afternoon today at Shimokitazawa, in Setagaya - one stop by express from Shibuya. I actually hadn't been for about 5 years, and little did I know the terror awaiting us.

Anyone who might actually bother to read this inane, rambling beastie of a blog might recall the discovery of my namesake beer, Bergen Brau, in a Kamakura cemetery. I'm not counting on any recollection since I doubt even one person deigns to waste time here, except by accident.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, the terror. Actually, it was more suprise. This time we found a bar in Shimokitazawa, and its name?

Little Bergen.

Ye gods.

Other than that, the area is as bustling as ever and it's down the smaller alleyways that you find the real cool stuff like hidden Inari shrines and old wooden dwellings that haven't yet been demolished. I forgot how much I dig the place.

Oh yeah, and address for Little Bergen is: 東京都世田谷区北沢2-9-17 「Little Bergen」 070-5581-7581

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this place! My favourite place.. after Koenji of course! Great photo by the way! One for the photo album me thinks!

Unknown said...

Yep, def. putting this one in pride of place! ;)