Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kawasaki tyre monster playground



If anybody actually bothers to read this crap blog, or at least browse through the headers and flick through the pictures - or if you happen to be "lucky" enough to know me personally - you'd be fully aware that I'm right into the old Toho and Daiei Gamera and Godzilla flicks, along with Mothra, King Ghidorah, and their massive kaiju playmates.

When I was a wee tacker, too, living in Gardiner in Melbourne, my dad made tyre swings for us that were as fun as they were death-defying.

So, this playground always was going to be my cup of tea.

We first stumbled across it about 5 years ago, on our way home (to Kamata) from a fireworks festival (hanabi) on the Tamagawa, and having enjoyed a few Asahis, so the monsters in the dark looked somewhat more impressive.


I hadn't been back since, and took my daughter Cocoa along today in 36 degree heat that threatened to melt the rubber, and I think we both suffered serious dehydration out there. We loved it, of course.

No comments: